Who Can Sell at the Wethersfield Farmers’ Market?
- We are an open market. Anyone who carries appropriate government issued licenses and insurance for their business and who is registered with the State of Connecticut as a registered business may apply to become a Vendor.
- Any product that is homemade, handmade, homegrown or gathered from nature in the State of Connecticut.
- Flea Market Items, Crafts made from Kits, Repackaged Foods, and Food items that are not correctly labeled CAN NOT be sold at our market. No jobbers or wholesalers are allowed.
The Market Coordinators reserve the right to prohibit sale of items they deem improperly prepared or incompatible with the mission of the Wethersfield Farmers’ Market
Insurance/Proper Labeling/Compliance with State Regulations
- ONLY CERTIFIED ORGANIC FARMERS MAY LABEL THEIR ITEMS ORGANIC. This is an important issue that jeopardizes our status as a Certified Farmers’ Market. You MUST be CERTIFIED in order to use the word organic in your tent. You may use similar phrases such as- pesticide free, non-GMO seeds/plants, etc. But “organic” means that you have been certified by the state and you are paying the appropriate fees and adhering to the specific guidelines.
- Vendors MUST have their own liability insurance on their products.
- All products must be properly labeled according to the USDA.
- All vendors should be properly registered as a business in the State of Connecticut.
- All vendors must provide the market manager with a copy of any and all State and Federal licenses applicable to the vendor’s business.
- Vendors are urged to apply in advance so that spaces can be reserved. Seniority is given to returning vendors, then the process is first come, first serve.
- All applications are reviewed and approved by the Farmers’ Market Committee. Please apply to join the market with at least 3 weeks notice to your first requested date of participation.
- Upon approval, all vendor fees must be paid in full at least one week prior to your first date of participation. The WFM DOES NOT accept payment on the market day you are scheduled to appear.
- If a vendor commits to the full season, the Market committee will assign a regular space for you. Non-regular vendors cannot be guaranteed the same space each time.
- Each assigned space size is approximately 10’x10’; vendors’ fees cover this standard space. If a vendor needs a larger space then he/she will be charged an extra fee of $150 per season.
- The vendor fees help support a variety of marketing campaigns, and the venue rental. The Wethersfield Farmers’ Market is a non-profit organization.
- Full Season- $375: 23 weeks + December Holidays on Main event (HOM)
- Half Season- $225: 11 weeks + December Holidays on Main event (HOM)
- Guest Vendor – $25/week up to 8 weeks
- Additional Fees- Any food vendor must comply with the CCHD, our local health department, and file and pay any applicable fees (specialty food vendors only) before the first market day.
Market Day Obligations
- Set Up Time: Market hours are from 3:00pm-6:00pm every Thursday. Vendors will be allowed to set up starting at 1:45pm and must be ready for business by 3pm. Any vendors that arrive after 2:30pm without a head’s up phone call will not be allowed to set up for the Market day and forfeit their market fee. Please be on time.
- NO DRIVING OVER THE HISTORIC BLUESTONE SIDEWALK. This walkway runs along State St. and is over 100 years old, NO ONE can drive across it! PENALTY: Any vendor who drives over the sidewalk will not be allowed to set up that day but will be welcomed back the following week.
- The market is Rain or Shine and it is expected that all vendors show up and stay no matter the weather conditions. If it’s raining, and you choose not to come, you forfeit your market fee. The Market Manager reserves the right to cancel a Market day due to severe or dangerous weather conditions however.
- Cancellation: Vendors are expected to notify the Market Manager 24 hours in advance if they cannot make it to the market. No call and no shows forfeit their market fee.
- Clean Up: Vendors are responsible for the cleanliness of their stall during Market and at the end of each Market day. Dumping produce in the trash cans is forbidden. Each vendor must take away everything they brought to Market.
- Vendors are required to stay until the market closes at 6pm unless you get prior approval from the Market Masters before the start of the Market. Do NOT begin to pack up until 6pm sharp. We have many customers who race to the market after work and we cannot deny them their minutes!